Monday, February 25, 2008

I just wanted to post some of my latest work up here because I am completely IN LOVE with them. Isn't it funny how that works...you create a new layout and instantly it is your new favorite...until you create the next one and it becomes your favorite. Well, I guess that it is just they way we scrappers are. Anyway...here they are.


These are two layouts I made for my entry for the Craft Warehouse Design Team. The first is of my niece Terrance Clair (T) in the bath. Isn't she cute! I used natural cardstock by Bazzill and painted the edges. The frame around "T" is a piece of transparency that I stamped on with white stazon ink. One of my most favorite things about this layout is the little butterflies...aren't they cute? I used the Hey Sugar line by Cosmo Cricket because I am a Cricket Fiend and can't help myself. It is my favorite line on the market right now. I can't wait to get my hands on their new stuff...especially Cogsmo and the Blackboard. "I have and addiction sir!"...sorry just a quote from Sex and the City...but totally appropriate in this case. LOL!

The next layout is of my brother Preston at one of his wrestling matches. I took this really great picture and new instantly that I wanted to cut him out and silhouette him on the page. I just needed to decide how then to accent the photo. I chose stripes of bright, concentrated colors, with vintage 70's style arrows cut into them. I thought it added just enough interest to the page with out overwhelming the photo which is what I wanted to be the focal point. I also just added a simple title and a minimal amount of journaling telling his weight, record, and the year. I was super pleased with how they turned out.

1 comment: