Monday, June 1, 2009

I just got finished reading this book called "The Red Tent". It is the biblical story of Dinah the daughter of Jacob with a bit of a personal twist to the story. I really liked the way that it was written...it made me want to read the bible and see what other types of interesting people there are in it...if only I could make it past Genesis. I loved the dynamics of the story except at the end I found myself wishing there was more. I wanted more detail to her life...I wanted to know more. I still thought that it was a great book and I plan on reading it again. It will definitely have a permanent spot on my bookshelf. See, when I read a book and love it I keep it forever...and yes Alycia, they become like my friends...I want to go back an visit them from time to time...yeah shut up Alycia I know you are laughing.
This next book that I started today is called "The Twentieth Wife". I am only in the prologue and I am already hooked. I can't wait to see what this one has in store. The only thing is that the names of the places and people are so odd. You find yourself just recognizing the name and not even reading it to yourself let alone out loud. It takes place in the 16th century in Persia so you can imagine the types of names already. Anyway it is already really good so I will let you know how it turns out.
I got both of these books at my local used book store...which I LOVE...they are so nice there and you can't beat the smell of a book store. Plus the books are fairly cheap and in pretty good condition. I always feel kinda bad because if I like a book...which I like most books I read...I keep them forever and so I never bring anything in like everyone else. I kinda feel like I am taking advantage of the system and not sharing my great finds by letting someone else have the chance to read them. Oh well, they are mine...sorry...I guess I will share this way. LOL.

No comments: