Saturday, January 17, 2009

I always new that kids were a lot of work and took a lot of your time. What I was mistaken about was exactly how much time "a lot" was. I always thought that most of my time would go to the baby but I would still have some time to scrapbook, do my hair, take a shower, and eat. What was I thinking? I have only had time enough to look at my scrapbook room longingly as I walk by on my way to the bink, or another blanket, or diapers, or another of the million things it takes everyday to take care of a little baby. I have however had time...while chained to the couch feeding Gunnar the glutton...LOL...to sketch a lot of new ideas for projects and some layouts. I have one project coming up that I am so excited about...I think I am going to take a day off soon so that I can work on it. It is a planner of sorts and I will post it as soon as I get a chance to work on it...when that will be is anyone's guess. I did get Gunnar's swing today so we will see how much that helps. Maybe if he will sleep in it well I will set it right outside the door of my scrapbook room and see how much work I can get done before he wakes up.

Gunnar is a month (well four weeks) old tomorrow...I can't believe that it has been that long already. Sometimes Adam and I look at him and it is hard to believe he is ours and we are not just babysitting someone else kid. He is adorable and although he looks just like me he is definitely a Tamez at heart. He has the red hair, the temper, and the personality. He is also a really big daddy's boy...sometimes I think he looks at me like..."not this chick again...isn't 9 months enough". It is amazing...he can be fussy but as soon as Adam walks in and starts talking or takes him he calms right down. It is actually really cute and I am very thankful for the close connection between them. Some dad's don't connect with their kids for quite a while and it was never that way with Gunnar and Adam. I have known it would be that way for a long time...even while he was still in the tum he would quit kicking or settle down whenever Adam would walk into the room and start talking. He definitely knows who his daddy is.

My sweet little family...sometimes I wonder how I got so lucky.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

ha! nate and i talk about that ALL the time. sometimes it doesn't seem possible that cash is ours and always will be.

hang in there - you'll be scrapping in no time!